1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp a water
1 1/3 sticks butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg white
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Water(1/4 teaspoon as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add All-Purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and powdered sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add cold cubes butter to the flour mixture and rub the butter in the flour with a fork or clean hands until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add water and mix until a dough forms. Shape into a rectangle, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface roll out the rectangle and cut 3 inch by 4 inch rectangles. Set aside.
- For the filling, microwave chocolate and heavy cream. Check every 10-15 increments until the chocolate starts melting. Stir until smooth and set aside until the filling is cool enough to spread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of ganache on each rectangle and spread leaving about 1/4 in space all around the rectangle. Brush water on the exposed edges and stick the other rectangle on top. Pressing down making sure that the Poptart is sealed.
- Clean the edges off using a pizza cutter and knife.
- Bake Poptarts for 16-20 minutes. Let cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- For the icing mix all the ingredients together and add water to thin it out until it is toothpaste consistency.
- Ice your chocolate Poptarts and add the sprinkles.
- Let the icing dry for a couple of hours about 3-4.
- Enjoy your Poptarts as is or warmed up 10-15 seconds in the microwave.