1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
10 tablespoons salted butter
3 tablespoons cold water
1. **Prepare the Dough:**
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 2 tsp sugar.
- Cut 10 tbsp of cold butter into small cubes and add them to the flour mixture.
- Use your fingers or a pastry cutter to blend the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 3 tbsp of cold water, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together.
2. **Shape and Chill:**
- Form the dough into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm up.
3. **Roll Out the Dough:**
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to fit your pie dish.
4. **Transfer to Pie Dish:**
- Carefully place the rolled-out dough into your pie dish, ensuring it covers the bottom and sides evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
5. **Blind Baking:**
- Dock the bottom of the pie dough with a fork.
- Line the pie crust with parchment paper or foil, then fill it with pie weights, dried beans or rice to prevent the crust from puffing up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the weights and parchment/foil, then bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the blind-baked crust to cool completely before adding your desired pie filling.