1-9in deep dish pie shell
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 stick melted butter
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 tablespoon bourbon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla Salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup pecan halves for topping
1 tablespoon apricot jam or orange marmalade
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until well combined.
3. Add 1/4 cup of flour to the mixture, stirring until smooth.
4. Pour in 1 stick of melted butter and continue to mix until the batter is homogenous.
5. Incorporate 1/4 cup of dark corn syrup and 1/4 cup of light corn syrup into the mixture, blending well.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of maple extract, 1 tablespoon of bourbon, and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
7. Gently fold in 1 cup of chopped pecans, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
8. Add pecan tart filling to prepared pie shell.
9. Arrange 1 cup of pecan halves on top of the batter for an appealing presentation.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the center is set and the pecans on top are toasted.
11. In a microwaveable bowl, add apricot jam and water and heat in microwave until the mixture starts to bubble around 35-50 seconds. Brush the glaze on top of the pecan tart as soon as the tart is out of the oven.
12. Allow the pecan tart to cool before slicing. Enjoy your delicious homemade pecan tart!