1 9” deep dish pie crust
1-pound sweet potato
1 (14oz) can condensed milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 Large eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon Maple extract(optional)
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon Salt
Olive oil for sweet potato
1. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Prepare Pie Crust: Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Trim any excess and crimp the edges for a decorative touch. Bake sweet potatoes in oven wrapped in foil and baked on a cookie sheet for 40-60 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft to the touch.
3. Melt Butter: In a saucepan, melt the stick of butter over medium heat. Allow it to cool slightly.
4. Purée Wet Ingredients: In a large blender, add together the baked sweet potatoes, condensed milk, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, extracts and blend until well combined.
5. Add Spice: Stir in the, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, and salt. Ensure all the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
6. Fill the Pie Crust: Pour the sweet potato mixture into the prepared pie crust, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake: Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 15 minutes. Then, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for an additional 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set.
8. Cooling: Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.
9. Chill (Optional): For enhanced flavor, refrigerate the sweet potato pie for a few hours or overnight before serving.
10. Serve: Slice and serve your delicious homemade sweet potato pie. Optionally, add a dollop of whipped cream on each slice.