- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- 10x10 or 13x9 baking pan
- Cooking Thermometer
- If you don’t have a thermometer for the sugar syrup, take a spoon of the boiling syrup and drip into cold water. If the sugar can be rolled in a ball it is ready. This is called the soft ball stage.
- Throw the fines brownies in the broiler(after it’s topped with marshmallow) for 3-5 minutes or until evenly toasted.
100g or 1 cup dark chocolate
2 Sticks Salted Butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line & grease a 10”x10” or 13” x9” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or container melt dark chocolate and butter in the microwave until fully melted, about 30-60 seconds. Set aside and let cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Whip 3-5 minutes or until doubled in size and pale in color.
- Slowly add the cooled chocolate butter mixture to the whipped eggs. Whip 1-2 minutes or until well incorporated.
- Add flour and cocoa powder to the mixture and mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips to the brownie batter.
- Add Graham crackers to the lines baking pans making sure the bottom is covered.
- Pour brownie batter over the Graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with slight crumbs.
1 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons corn syrup
4 teaspoons gelatin powder or 5 1/2 gelatin sheets
2 tablespoons of cold water
1 egg white
1/2 tsp Osmo Toasted Vanilla Salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Bloom gelatin powder in 2 tablespoons cold water or submerge gelatin sheets in cold water for 5-10 minutes, wring out and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer beat the egg white until it reaches soft peaks.
- In a small pot heat the sugar, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons of water. Heat to 240° F or about soft ball stage.
- While the mixer is running on medium with the egg whites, slowly pour in the hot sugar on the side of the bowl into the soft peak egg white.
- Turn the mixer to high and continue whipping. Add vanilla & salt.
- Melt the bloomed gelatin in the microwave for 10-20 seconds or until fully melted.
- pour the melted gelatin into the meringue.
- Beat mixture until the side of the bowl is no longer hot and the marshmallow is stiff & fluffy. About 5-10 minutes on high.
- Pour the marshmallow over the brownies and spread with an offset spatula.
- Dust the top of the marshmallow with powdered sugar.
- Let it set at room temperature. This should take between 2-4 hours.